I’ll write whatever I damn please,
whenever I damn please, and as I damn please.
William Carlos Williams
by Charles Bivona
- Diary of the Returning Professor
- I watched the Republican National Convention last night
- Batman Won’t Save Us: Thoughts on the Aurora Movie Theater Shooting
- Exhausted: a series of political prose poems
- The Headphones Clause: the politics of my digital relationship
- “You ain’t been where I’ve been” :: from the #njpoet birthday soundtrack [a musical aside]
- She called me at 1 o’clock in the morning: a story for writers
- I’ve been working on this website for three years.
- I’m Just a Guy Who Lost His Jobs
- A Story for the Dirty Hippies of Occupy Wall Street
- Then the MFA Program Came to my University
- All I ever wanted was to write poetry.
- This started last night: a freewritten prose poem type thing
- I told him to just fill the paper with words
- Don’t Worry: something poetic
- Unemployed Sex by Stepanie Ortiz
by Charles Bivona
[in no particular order of importance]
- Please no more fighting for money—
- How to Look and Act Normal
- Joy called it our writing experiment.
- What’s Up, Professor B?
- Self-portrait of someone else entirely—
- The Mangled: a poem
- “Please don’t hurt me—“ a short poem for Adrienne Rich
- Too Busy Brothers in an Imaginary Diner
- World at War: Believing in Old Lies
- watching has always been my talent
- Poet vs. Priest: My Catholic History w/ Father Moe
- If You’re So Damn Smart, Why Aren’t You Rich?
- Why I was never molested by a Catholic Priest.
- Gasoline Prices: a poem
- literary america
- the therapist calls me masochistic w/ a grin
- It Was the End of the 1990s
- Don’t Flinch: In Praise of Blink-182 w/ Music Video
- It doesn’t have to be so painful.
- Buddhism Makes You Sexy
- Then a young poet asks me, “How do you admit you’re a poet?”
- She said I’m a Twitter star—whatever that means.
- Chuck’s Trippin’ Balls
- Written On Her Body: a lust poem
- We Reserve the Right to Repossess the Car: with bullet points!
- What Everyone Ought to Know About My Arrogance
- Chris Christie: a very very short story
- Reason has nothing to do with it.
If you’ve enjoyed reading this collection of literary pieces,
please consider making a small donation to support our continuing work.
We deeply appreciate your consistent support and generosity.
» Thank You «
Please Also Check Out